Friday, April 10, 2015

Turkey Keema - Desi Style


Hi everyone, this is Bidisha of Fashion with Bidisha here. I recently moved to the Unites States of America. I was never much into cooking before marriage but after I shifted, I started cooking on my own and trust me there cannot be a better timepass than cooking. I am loving exploring varieties of recipes. Trying to make fusion of Indian and American dishes. Hopefully I can be a good Chef very soon haha. 
For today I am going to share with you all a quick easy-to-make yet yummy preparation. Its the Turkey Keema which I tried to make in Desi Style.





I went to buy everyday food at Meijer , which is an American Hypermarket chain. There I got to see this Turkey Keema. My hubby told me to pick it up, basically he is the one who taught me this preparation and I tried it myself , so I am sharing with you all ! The Turkey Keema looked like the picture below :-




How to make it ?

I have cut the keema into pieces as you can see in the picture.
First, heat up the non-stick pan and add vegetable oil (*No need to give too much oil*)
Then, cut 1 and half onions into small pieces and start frying them .
Add little bit of Turmeric powder and a teaspoon of red chili powder.
Then add 4 slices of garlic which should be evenly chopped and two green chilies minced properly.
After that add 3 spoon of Meat Masala (*It's a must) and then add salt to taste.
You can add little bit of sugar to bring color .
Then add freshly cut potatoes and keep frying the whole thing till it turns yellowish.
After frying for around 5 to 7 minutes, add the turkey keema.
Keep frying the whole thing and also side by side keep smashing the keema so that there remains no big pieces of the meat.
If you want it spicy , you can again add a bit of red chili flakes.
After stirring it for 15 minutes when you start getting a smell of the cooked spices, add 2 and half to 3 cups of water and put the lid on the pan and raise the temperature of the gas oven so that the potatoes are boiled properly and also the chicken absorbs the curry.

Here's another quick tip :
You can sprinkle water to the onions now and then if you find they are turning brownish. If you do this then the onions won't get burnt .

That's it !

Do share your views regarding this preparation.

Thankyou,
with love
Bidisha

Susbribe to my Youtube Channel here : Fashion with Bidisha
Follow me on Instagram here : Mermaid Bidisha
Like my Facebook Page here : Fashion with Bidisha


No comments:

Post a Comment